At John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, health and safety is our top priority. We understand there is increasing concern about COVID-19 among travellers, employees and the public. The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) continues to assess the public health risk associated with COVID-19. Our goal is to provide you with regular updates on operations at Hamilton International as we continue to monitor developments within the community and our industry.
Air Terminal Building Policies in Effect
Face Covering Requirements
The Government of Canada requires that all travellers have a removable face mask to cover their mouth, nose and chin to prevent the inadvertent spread of COVID-19. It is mandatory for all persons entering Hamilton International to wear a face covering or non-medical mask at all times. Transport Canada has updated its requirements for face coverings at all Canadian airports. The following types of masks are not permitted:
- Face coverings with exhalation valves or vents;
- Bandanas, scarves and neck gaiters;
- Mesh and lace masks; and
- Face shields only (without a mask).
The following persons are exempt from the requirement to wear a non-medical mask or face covering: Individuals who are unable to wear a face covering for medical reasons, children under two years old (or up to five years old if the child refuses), and other reasonable accommodations.
Only travellers and employees on duty (including business partners serving travellers) are permitted to access the terminal building. We kindly ask that all other visitors, including those picking up or dropping off travellers, to refrain from entering the building. Exceptions are made for:
- Individuals assisting unaccompanied minors and/or persons with disabilities;
- Visitors who have been granted access by the Operations Centre;
- Individuals operating business at the Airport (such as car rental services); and
- Individuals accessing ‘grab and go’ food and beverage offerings (such as Tim Hortons).
All persons entering the terminal building will be restricted to using the designated ‘Departures’ entrance near check-in. Exit from the building is permitted from any of the doors.
What Hamilton International Airport is Doing
Hamilton International is continually examining each step of the traveller journey through our facility and have implemented a number of new and enhanced health and safety measures to ensure you have a comfortable and convenient travel experience from the time you park your car to the time you board your aircraft. Health and safety measures include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in high-traffic areas throughout the terminal.
- Anti-microbial shield treatment applied on frequent touch points to prevent the growth of microorganisms.
- Increased audio and visual messaging communicating health and safety reminders.
- Installation of floor decals to encourage proper physical distancing in all queuing zones.
- Installation of acrylic protective barriers at communication points such as check-in counters and boarding gates.
- Increased touchless hand sanitizing stations deployed throughout the Airport.
What You Can Do
To reduce the spread of coronavirus, PHAC recommends following the same precautionary measures as you would to help prevent the spread of cold or flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap under warm running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth with unwashed hands to avoid germ transfer.
Please review your airline’s advisory prior to travel.
Information regarding COVID-19 impacted flights in our network can also be accessed using the links below.
Web Page Last Updated: July 7, 2021