To our Hamilton International Airport Community,
Hamilton International continues to monitor this difficult and fast-moving COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top priority. As your partner, we are committed to delivering safety first and as best we can under this condition, protect the well-being of our people.
Since Hamilton International provides shared or common services to support operations, we want to outline some of the precautions we are taking to keep our Airport safe and clean for our stakeholders. Hygiene standards should always be a top priority, however, as the situation continues to evolve, we have taken additional actions to ensure additional safety measures are taken which include:
- Regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas and hygiene stations in the washroom with a hospital-grade disinfecting cleaner
- Increasing accessibility of hand sanitizers at areas in the air terminal while supplies exist
- Application of an antibacterial spray in the air terminal building passenger areas
- Weekly deep cleaning of high traffic areas
- Increased signage as a constant reminder posted throughout the terminal building
- Ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy and stay at home if they are feeling unwell or are asked to self-quarantine
We have established a task force with members from our team from all critical areas. We are engaging with multiple organizations to obtain information and making decisions swiftly in response to this evolving issue to ensure the care of our community. The primary areas of our task force include:
- Taking Precautions (Social Distancing)
- Deploying a Task Force
- Putting Safety First
- Maintaining Interactions Virtually
- Establishing Sterile Work Areas and Isolated Critical Functions
- Reacting with Speed
- Monitoring Industry Activity
- Monitoring Government Directives
- Working with Airline Partners
In addition, we are very fortunate to be part of the Vantage Airport Group and its network of airports around the world. We are collaborating daily in response to the emerging matters as they affect us all and receiving guidance on matters of importance as we proceed into new territories during this crisis.
Over the next week, we will be reaching out to certain partners to understand the difficult decisions that will be made as we plan for the cessation of international passenger travel, the expected decline in domestic passenger service and expected customer demand during this period of uncertainty.
We also want to acknowledge and thank all our partners who have taken extraordinary measures to keep essential supply-chains moving in the face of higher volumes and support and maintain aircraft operating today.
We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety in mind. While we are open for business, we will continue to work with our passenger airline partners to repatriate those passengers who are still abroad, while continuing to support domestic air travel and our vital cargo operation.