The Airport is owned by the City of Hamilton and managed under an agreement by TradePort International Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vantage Airport Group – an industry leading investor, developer, and manager of airport assets. This allows Hamilton International to incorporate best-in-class practices from around the world into its operations. As an efficient facilitator of cargo and passenger operations, John C. Munro Hamilton International is an economic engine and responsible community partner. Its strategic location and uncongested 24/7 operations make it an attractive option for both passenger and cargo carriers looking to serve the Southern Ontario market.
Hamilton International Airport is now recruiting for a Coordinator, Facilities, Maintenance Operations & Health & Safety (2-year contract) to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Operations, the Coordinator, Facilities, Maintenance Operations & Health & Safety will provide operational and administrative support for the coordination of the daily activities of the Airside Operations Team with respect to airfield, asset, and property maintenance. Additional accountability includes collaboration with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve and sustain site/facility specific operational excellence in health and safety and maintenance operations. The successful candidate will act as a change agent to ensure site compliance with the Airport’s health and safety program.
Based on recent mandates and directives from the Federal Government, Airport employees are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. If successful to this position, the candidate will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start date as a condition of employment. In the event that the successful candidate is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical or religious exemption, they will be required to submit supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt per the Airport’s policy.
Key Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent certifications (i.e., CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional); CSP (Certified Safety Professional); Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM), etc.
- 3+ years of progressive H&S experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience working in an airport operating environment is considered an asset.
- Experience in heavy equipment maintenance and/or operations is considered an asset.
- Experience and proven ability to prepare frequent KPI reports for operations along with feedback relating to ongoing corrective actions.
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and Provincial health and safety regulations.
- Proven experience leading H&S operational excellence and compliance assurance programs.
- Experience conducting formal investigations and working with operations to ensure risk mitigation, incident closure and follow up.
- Working knowledge of the WSIB claim management process.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to see tasks/projects through to completion including multi-tasking.
- Proven organizational skills, ability to supervise multiple projects, and achieve results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications; must be able to compile and analyze statistics using databases, including AutoCAD, excel and Project.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain an aeronautical radio license and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit.
- Minimum ‘G’ class driver’s license.
- Some shift work may be required and must be available to work flexible hours.
- Assist the Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Operations in directing the Airfield Operations workforce to ensure that established work plans are carried out in an efficient, safe manner, and in accordance with Airport quality standards.
- Responsible for implementing and operating the Maintenance Care software system for airfield and airport asset management.
- Utilizing the Maintenance Care and Vortex software systems ensure accurate inventory and reporting to ensure safe and efficient airfield operations.
- Maintain, update, and assist with projects, permits, the organization of plans, designs, including As-Built’s and site service drawings utilizing Excel, Project, and AutoCAD.
- Ensure the Airfield Operations workforce is trained in all required fields in coordination with H&S requirements, and the appropriate Coordinators for Airport programs (ARFF, Wildlife, SMS, Condition Reporting etc.) with training records documented and stored, to ensure Transport Canada compliance.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on results, issues, and plans to Management as requested, taking necessary actions to address issues as they arise, while keeping track of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all facility and maintenance staff operate safely and efficiently, complying with all regulations and policies, Transport Canada audits, as well as contractual obligations, while applying modern best practices in airport management.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of operational plans, policies, and procedures for airfield and facility maintenance to ensure that regulatory/business compliance is maintained while ensuring the safe, secure, and efficient operation of the airport and its facilities.
- Assist in performing internal audits to review procedural awareness and compliance, prepare performance reports, make recommendations for enhancements, revise operational procedures as required and implement same.
- Issue purchase order numbers for airfield operational purchases within limits specified by the Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Operations; ensure orders are placed in a timely manner for supplies and replacement parts for equipment, while ensuring accurate receipt of any items ordered.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of special projects such as Rubber Removal, Airfield Line Painting and Asphalt Crack Sealing etc. in coordination with Lead Hands.
- Liaise with the Hamilton Control Tower, Airlines, Hamilton International Team, and the public to answer inquiries, respond to complaints and initiate corrective action where practicable within the established policies, guidelines, and the collective agreement.
- Work with Lead Hands to assist in the coordination of winter operations such as snowplowing, snow removal, condition reporting and ice control by ensuring staff availability on a timely basis.
- Review daily documentation completed by Facilities and Maintenance Operations staff, ensuring accurate information and that it is provided in a timely manner. This includes updating of Vortex with work order entry and completion, as well as reviewing incident reports.
- Support the finance department in monthly invoicing, including payment of invoices to vendors, as well as creation of revenue invoices
- Verify daily shift end reports for Airfield Operations Staff.
- Responsible for complying with, and enforcing, the policies and procedures of the Airport and respecting rules, acts, regulations, by-laws, procedures, and safe work practices.
- Provide operational support to Airside and Terminal Operations, including emergency response and winter operations support.
- Provide support to the Operations Management Team for the supervision of the hourly Operations, in a supervisory role that encourages teamwork and strong employee morale.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Health & Safety
- Oversees the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Airport’s H&S program
- Participates in the development of strategic H&S objective setting that are in alignment with the organizations’ H&S program and standardized Safety Management System(s).
- Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of operational H&S plans, policies, and procedures to ensure that regulatory H&S and business compliance is maintained while ensuring the safe, secure, and efficient operation of the airport and its facilities.
- Assesses organizational risk and manages the issuance of policies, procedures, rules, safe work procedures and control measures to appropriately address and mitigate risks.
- Ensures safe work practices and safety regulations are adhered to under the requirements of the Canada Labour Code – Part II and the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Work in collaboration with the Senior, Operations Coordinator, Safety Management System (SMS) & Emergency Planning in the development of policies and programs that support ongoing health and safety compliance, and Transport Canada regulations.
- Oversees incident investigations to ensure that a root cause analysis results in the prevention of recurrence of same or similar events, and in program improvement; ensures outcomes from worksite inspections are used in program improvement.
- Supports internal and external facilities y audits to ensure compliance with applicable Acts, Regulations, policies, and recognized industry standards.
- Works closely with all levels of Management to ensure ongoing H&S compliance with the Airport’s H&S program.
- In coordination with Human Resources and the Workplace H&S Committee, establishes a H&S dashboard with key performance indicators to identify improvement opportunities.
- In coordination with the Human Resources Department, ensures all Employees and all levels of Management are aware of and coached in their responsibilities for H&S; advises Management regarding applicable legislative requirements and changes, and any required internal program or procedural changes.
- Provides oversight for the Airport’s health and safety expenditures and requirements.
Note: The preceding information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Operations
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 31, 2022.
Hamilton International Airport is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity, and integration. Hamilton International is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided by contacting Human Resources.