Coordinator, Apron Safety Management
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport Limited is a rapidly growing international gateway for affordable travel, and the largest overnight express freight airport in Canada.
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is a rapidly growing international gateway for affordable travel as well as being recognized as the largest overnight express freight airport in Canada. In 2019, the airport served 955,373 passengers, a year-over-year increase of 32%. The Airport is owned by the City of Hamilton and managed under an agreement by TradePort International Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vantage Airport Group – an industry leading investor, developer and manager of airport assets. This allows Hamilton International to incorporate best-in-class practices from around the world into its operations. As an efficient facilitator of cargo and passenger operations, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is an economic engine and responsible community partner. Its strategic location and uncongested 24/7 operations make it an attractive option for both passenger and cargo carriers looking to serve the Southern Ontario market.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Centre, the Coordinator, Apron Safety Management is responsible for maintaining safe aprons through management of the Airside Traffic Directives and Apron Safety Management Plan, as well as the day to day oversight, training and examinations of the AVOP program. This position will be accountable to investigate and respond to apron safety issues or preventing safety issues through the Safety Management System.
This position will be a key support to the Supervisor, Maintenance & Airfield Operations in the development, implementation, and training of staff on airfield maintenance plans, including but not limited to: the Winter Plan, Glycol Management Plan, SNIC Plan. This position will also provide assistance to the Aerodrome Security Subject Matter Expert to ensure Hamilton International Airport maintains operational integrity of the aerodrome through compliance with the CASRs, the Aerodrome Security Measures (ASMs), and through monitoring of the Airport Security Program (ASP)
This role also acts as an Operations Coordinator, which is responsible for the performance of Airport operations on assigned shift. This role provides management and oversight for the on-duty airport maintenance team, fire crew, and security staff. While on shift, this role will serve as the principal operations management representative during irregular operations, emergency, weather and other events.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education with a Certificate or Diploma in Aviation Management, or a combination of education and relevant airport experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in airport safety operations, airline safety operations, or other related fields of airport management
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to make critical decisions in a short time frame
- Excellent, effective communication skills, both oral and in written format
- Superior interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels in a professional, positive manner, able to build trusting relationships and be a team player
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines, adapt easily to change
- Recent experience driving on airfield maneuvering areas while communicating with and under control of an Air Traffic Control facility
- Extensive airside training and testing experience or equivalent in a role to evaluate and assess applicants for their knowledge, driving skill, familiarization, orientation
- Knowledge of Airport Traffic Directives and Airport Safety Program
- Specialized knowledge of Hamilton International Airport airside layout of the aprons, taxiways and runways, construction sites, airside gates and runway operations used by Air Traffic Control would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of CARs (Canadian Aviation Regulations – Transport Canada)
- Knowledge of TP 312 (Aerodrome and Recommended Practices) 4th and 5th Edition as it relates to airside driving
- Knowledge of CASRs (Canadian Aviation Security Regulations)
- Ability to interpret and apply Aerodrome Standards publications such as TP312, Hamilton International Airport publications such as the Emergency Response Plan, Low Visibility Plan, Aircraft maintenance and run-up procedures, Airport Safety Program, Snow Removal Plan, Aircraft Staging and Parking plan, and other relevant documents such as CARS, ICAO standards, NOTAMs, Air Regulations and Air Traffic Regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Must hold valid class “G” driver’s license.
- Holds and must maintain an aeronautical radio license and a D Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) with no major infractions on record for the last 5 years
- This role is certified by Industry Canada as an Accredited Examiner to conduct Restricted Radio Operators Certificate – Aeronautical testing on their behalf
For a comprehensive list of functions, click here for the full job profile.
What We Offer:
As an employee of Hamilton International Airport, you will enjoy a competitive Total Rewards package that includes a competitive base salary and bonus structure, and a rich health benefits and pension plan. In addition to enjoying many other employee perks such as Leadership Development Workshops, Employee Appreciation Events and various Holiday celebrations, in your quest to further develop your career, you will also have access to a global team of talented professionals, where you can find opportunities to make your mark. Giving back to our Community is also a priority for Hamilton International Airport!
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.