John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is a rapidly growing international gateway for affordable travel, and the largest overnight express freight airport in Canada.
Hamilton International Airport and Vantage Airport Group are looking for an energetic leader with a proven track record in Airport Operations and people leadership to become the Senior Manager, Airside Operations and Safety. This position has responsibility for airport safety and airside operations including regulatory compliance, Safety Management System (SMS), airfield maintenance, wildlife management, winter operations, emergency planning and ARFF. The successful candidate will be an airside and SMS expert, with detailed knowledge of Canadian aviation regulations and standards. This role directly supervises and coordinates the work of an operations team.
- Ensure the delivery of a safe, secure and efficient airside operation, in compliance with all regulations and policies and applying best practices in airport management.
- Champion airport-wide participation in the SMS program through presentations and awareness activities.
- Oversee day-to-day airside operations, including emergency response and contingency planning, promptly addressing operational issues, and providing regular, timely reports and metrics.
- Support business planning, budgeting and financial forecast management, ensuring alignment between Operations and Finance with respect to financial commitments and cost controls.
- Provide overall leadership to staff, promoting and maintaining strong employee morale while establishing high expectations for performance, with a focus on the Airport’s Corporate values.
You will have a minimum ten (10) years of management experience in airport operations with a focus on regulatory compliance and airfield safety. You have a proven track record for achieving results, influencing positive change, and demonstrating excellent people leadership in a customer-focused, fast-paced and rapidly growing environment, including good judgment and critical thinking required for quick and knowledgeable decisions on complex operational matters. Additionally, you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Airport Operations or related studies, or combination of education and experience.
- Subject matter expertise in CARs, TP312 4th & 5th edition, TP1247, CASRs, and CASMs.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders, including staff, management, or executive audiences.
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer software, and experience with database applications.
- Airport Security Clearance, aeronautical radio license, Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) and minimum ‘G’ class driver’s license, or the ability to obtain these.
What We Offer:
Hamilton International Airport employees enjoy a Total Rewards package with a competitive salary and bonus structure, and a rich health benefits and pension plan. In addition to perks such as Leadership Development Workshops, Employee Appreciation and Holiday celebrations, you will have access to a global team of professionals, for opportunities to further develop your career. Giving back to our community is also a priority for Hamilton International Airport.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter by April 5, 2019, to: https://careers-vantageairportgroup.icims.com/jobs/1060/senior-manager%2c-airside-operations-and-safety/job
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.