This position is responsible for the recommendation, development, and implementation of airside and groundside programs, policies, and procedures with respect to airfield maintenance, airside, groundside and terminal operations, safety (SMS, OHS, environmental, ERP), and aerodrome security.
Additionally, the position will directly supervise and coordinate the work of the Operations Leadership team consisting of Coordinators, Supervisors, and Managers, and will be indirectly responsible for the staff reporting to Supervisors and Managers.
As the relationship holder for day-to-day matters related to Partner Tenants, this position will look to satisfy the needs of partners including air operators, ground handlers, commercial tenants, and governmental agencies, and maintain a customer service focus within Operations tied to the Vision and Mission of Hamilton International.
- Diploma or Degree in Airport Operations Management or related studies, or a combination of education and experience in an airport operating environment managing others.
- Working knowledge of CARs, TP312, TP1247, CASRs, and CASMs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations for both staff and management or executive audiences
- Proven organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maximize performance through coaching while also fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation among staff.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications; must be able to compile and analyze statistics using databases.
- Ability to critically assess data and reports and effectively utilize information to problem solve and conduct root cause analysis to support continuous improvement.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain an aeronautical radio license and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit.
- Minimum ‘G’ class driver’s license.
Regulatory, Safety, and Security
- Provide regular, timely reporting on results, issues and plans to the Executive taking necessary actions to address issues as they arise that would affect the Airport’s ability to maintain the Airport Operating Certificate, or to maintain a healthy, safe, and secure workplace and operating environment.
- Confirm that the Airport operates safely and efficiently, complies with all regulations and policies, Transport Canada audits, environmental and wildlife Regulations and ensure compliance of all contractual obligations while applying modern best practices in airport management.
- Directly manage and lead Staff associated with noise abatement and community outreach, wildlife hazards, water contamination and deicing.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational policies and procedures for emergency response, airfield maintenance and security and terminal operations to ensure that regulatory/business compliance is maintained while ensuring the safe, secure and efficient operation of the Airport and its facilities.
- Champion the Airport-wide use of Safety Management Systems through presentations, campaigns, and awareness activities
- Provide decision support to direct reports on annual business planning, budget and forecast management and spending decisions.
- Ensure direct reports complete accurate forecast to budget variance analysis schedules.
- Support the Director, Operations and the Manager, Asset Management and Planning in the development of the long-term capital program aimed at supporting strategic requirements and sustaining actions.
- Ensure alignment between Operations and Finance with respect to financial commitments, spending patterns, and reporting
- Manage groundside and airside landscaping, and surface maintenance including the winter operations plan.
- Ensure day-to-day operations are being conducted in accordance with established processes and procedures, and following up on inconsistencies or deviations in performance/outcomes.
- Ensure that payroll administration, timekeeping, and attendance are tracked and processed efficiently in accordance with established processes
- Provide command and oversight of winter operations events through the Duty Manager program.
- Responsible to provide direction in preventative maintenance programs and customer service programs
- Provide operational support to Airside and Terminal Operations outside of regular business hours including emergency response and winter operations support.
- Use a Management Systems approach to all aspects of Operations’ activities
General Supervisory Functions:
- Responsible for complying with and enforcing the policies of the Corporation with respect to rules, acts, regulations, by-laws, procedures and safe working practices.
- Ensure that safe working practices and safety regulations are adhered to under the terms of the Canada Labour Code, Part II.
- Participate in labour relations matters by attending grievance meetings as required and ensuring that Coordinators, Supervisors and Managers are adhering to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement…
- Provide overall leadership to Staff while maintaining strong employee morale. Establish high expectations for Staff regarding honesty, integrity, openness, loyalty, teamwork and responsibility.
- Manage departmental performance review process under the guidance of Human Resources by establishing annual goals and objectives in alignment with the Mission and Vision and assessing results on an ongoing basis.
Reporting Relationship: Director, Operations
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to our HR Department at email@example.com. We thank you all for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.