John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport Limited immediately requires an: Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is a rapidly growing international gateway for affordable travel and the largest overnight express freight airport in Canada. In 2018, the airport served 725,630 passengers, a year-over-year increase of 21%. The Airport is owned by the City of Hamilton and managed under an agreement by TradePort International Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vantage Airport Group – an industry leading investor, developer and manager of airport assets. This allows Hamilton International to incorporate best-in-class practices from around the world into its operations. As an efficient facilitator of cargo and passenger operations, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is an economic engine and responsible community partner. Its strategic location and uncongested 24/7 operations make it an attractive option for both passenger and cargo carriers looking to serve the Southern Ontario market.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting and Business Planning, this position is responsible for creating and interpreting moderately complex financial statements and reports. Compiles financial and statistical information, processes journal entries into various accounts and reconciles reports and financial data. Some familiarity with and an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to an Airport would be an asset. Possesses intricate knowledge of the Organization’s financial accounting systems and recommends improvements. Ensures reporting tools are utilized and reports developed to continually improve Management reporting to all stakeholders. Implements new software upgrades. Supports the annual external audit and compliance engagements. Supports the business planning and forecasting function. Performs the internal audit function and reports to Management.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Obtained CPA designation or are enrolled in the process to complete the CPA designation;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with operational staff and senior management
- Adept at operating in a computerized PC based financial environment, including utilization of integrated financial accounting systems software, High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, interact professionally with staff and clients and strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- The ideal candidate enjoys working in a very fast paced, complex environment and has demonstrated the ability to work effectively with operational staff and senior Management
- Experience in KPI Dashboards with data manipulation, analysis and management
No direct reports.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; reconciles sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Performs variance analysis to budget, forecast and prior year comparatives.
- Supports Management with accuracy, timeliness of Key Performance Metric (KPI) dashboards
- Compiles and maintains monthly Airport statistics for Management decision making, business planning and stakeholder reporting
- Provides support for the year-end audit, prepares working papers and manages interim testing and year-end procedures.
- Supports Management with annual budget and business planning and quarterly forecast cycles as it pertains to creation of reports, templates and other items required to generate forward looking financial information; compiles the budget and forecasted income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Leads accounting system transitions and/or upgrades.
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of data within the accounting system, airport statistics, parking system and other relevant systems as needed; makes recommendations for improvements as required.
- Uses and tests various software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases, report writers, to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Completes operational audits on an ad-hoc basis to ensure Airport compliance with agreements, internal procedures and other matters as required.
- Performs review of incentive agreements, initial analysis and computation for review, and recording of incentive entry into the general ledger
- Leads and oversees special projects/initiatives and other ad-hoc work as assigned from the Manager, Financial Reporting and Business Planning.
- Provide back-up service to other members of the finance team.
- Responds to ad-hoc Management requests.
- Works with the Director, Finance and Vantage Airport Group to support the development of new reporting systems, databases and reporting tools designed to provide timelier and improved financial and non-financial information to decision makers, as well as focuses on implementing a fully digital reporting environment
- Other duties as assigned.
Manager, Financial Reporting and Business Planning
What we Offer:
As an employee of Hamilton International Airport, you will enjoy a competitive Total Rewards package that includes a competitive base salary and bonus structure, and a rich health benefits and pension plan. In addition to enjoying many other employee perks such as Leadership Development Workshops, Employee Appreciation Events and various Holiday celebrations, in your quest to further develop your career, you will also have access to a global team of talented professionals, where you can find opportunities to make your mark. Giving back to our Community is also a priority for Hamilton International Airport!
The preceding information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS: We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close Friday April 5, 2019.