Hamilton International Airport Limited:
Full Time Security Officer (CUPE Local 5167, Airport Unit)
CALL NO: HIAL-01-18
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Manager, Groundside Operations, and Aerodrome Security perform duties relating to security and parking operations at the Hamilton International Airport.
- Control, monitor and provide temporary restricted area passes.
- Maintain site key controls and site visitor pass control.
- Control and monitor security cameras and door alarms.
- Control and monitor access to restricted areas.
- Control and monitor groundside operations including front of terminal curb and parking lots.
- Crowd control and vehicle control in terminal, curbside and parking lot areas.
- Provide information to employees and public through telephone and counter response.
- Co-ordinate all-hours calls and response of Airport Duty Personnel.
- Provide assistance to airport tenants and passengers for security and operations related matters.
- Liaison with airport management, airlines, tenants, airport staff and contractors on security awareness and specific application of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and perform patrol duties in all areas of the ATB, the main apron, public parking and roadways, employee parking etc.
- Control and operate Airport Operations Centre.
- Respond to airport related emergency situations on the airport.
- Perform escorting duties.
- Perform testing and minor maintenance of security systems and parking systems.
- Complete and forward reports.
- Enforce “Aerodrome Security Regulations”, “Aerodrome Traffic Regulations”, “Canadian Aviation Security Regulations” and relevant by-laws respecting Hamilton International Airport.
- Assist with training/testing of airport personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Law and Security Administration Diploma or equivalent would be an asset.
- Must be in possession of a Valid Driver’s License
- G-Class qualifications
- Be in possession of valid vehicle insurance
Must have a doctor’s physical/medical evaluation prior to hire.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete each of the following during the first 60 days:
- Radiotelephone Operators Restricted Certificate (Air)
- Restricted Area Clearance/Police Background Check (all areas)
- Airport Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (Hamilton International Airport)
- Transport Canada Security Visa Certificate
Salary: $15.20 per hour (probationary rate) ($19.00 per hour – max rate)
Hours: 40 hours per week
This notice was posted on January 11, 2018 and closes on January 16, 2018
It is the responsibility of the applicant to supply information on qualifications and related experience with their application for this competition and ensure that it reaches the Human Resources Department by the closing date or they may not be considered. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all present employees’ male and female.
Applications should be forwarded to: Human Resources Department
Hamilton International Airport Limited
9300 Airport Road, Suite 2206
Mount Hope, Ontario
By Fax: (905) 679-2100
By E-mail: email@example.com