Call No: HIAL-05-18
Hamilton International Airport Limited immediately requires a:
Seasonal Airport Equipment Operator/Maintenance Persons (CUPE Local 5167, Airport Unit)
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Maintenance & Airfield Operations maintains Hamilton International Airport facilities, grounds, and equipment in accordance with Transport Canada regulations.
- Operates equipment such as combination of snow plow and runway sweeper, snow blower, dump trucks, front-end loader, backhoe, tractor with 20-foot attachment, graders, lawn mowers, weed sprayers, trimmer and paint machines for road striping.
- Maintains on-going communication with air traffic controller when airside.
- Monitors and reports airside conditions such as snow accumulation.
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Attaches and detaches accessory pieces of equipment.
- Maintains airside runways, taxiways and aprons.
- Accompanies contractors and service person for airside repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs such as cleaning and servicing of equipment.
- Performs minor building maintenance.
- Performs electrical and lighting maintenance such as replacing modular components; makes minor repairs to building electrical systems.
- Performs water main and minor indoor plumbing repairs.
- Performs wildlife control.
- Responds to emergency situations by assisting in fire and crash rescues.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job.
- Grade 10 Graduation plus two years’ related training and experience in the operation of a variety of equipment with levers and switches in confined spaces or congested areas.
- Must be able to follow written instructions in performing a variety of tasks such as operating vehicles or assisting on trade or craft type work. Must be able to use simple arithmetic and complete reports or logs.
- Must possess a Class “D” license with a “Z” endorsement.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a license for restricted radio-telephone.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance from Transport Canada
Salary: $ 30.36 per hour ($24.29 per hour probationary rate)
Hours: 40 hours
Note: These positions are for the 2018/2019 winter season commencing November 12, 2018.
Successful applicants will be required to pass and maintain Airport Security Clearance.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to supply qualifications, licenses and related experience with their application for this competition and ensure that it reaches the Human Resources Department by the closing date or they may not be considered. Based on the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all present employees’ male and female.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Department – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamilton International Airport Limited
9300 Airport Road, Suite 2206
Mount Hope, Ontario