Accountable for providing project management in the development, implementation and tracking of construction-related activities, operations and facility maintenance programs.
- Must possess a relevant engineering or architectural degree; however, consideration is given to equivalent education and experience in project management and/or construction environment (both building and civil) considered an asset
- Experience in an airport operating environment is an asset
- PMP designation is an asset
- Construction and project management experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize and adhere to established deadlines and schedules
- Detail oriented and proven ability to see tasks/projects through to completion including multi-tasking
- Proven organizational skills, ability to supervise multiple projects, and achieve results
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications
- Knowledge of project management tools such as MS-Project or equivalent workback scheduling/gantt chart planning tool
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills
- Ability to read floor plans, engineering, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and the Canada Labour Code, Part II
- Holds or has the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance
- Holds or has the ability to obtain an aeronautical radio license and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit
Project management in support of capital projects and facilities maintenance:
- Provide project management for the implementation of special projects such as airfield surface rehabilitation, airfield electrical rehabilitation etc.
- Responsible for the coordination and documentation of plans of construction for all projects where required
- Prepare cost evaluations, tendering of trades, issue contracts/purchase orders
- Assist in preparing and managing the processes for RFPs and contracts with consultants and contractors.
- Recommend invoice approvals
- Prepare construction schedules
- Monitor progress of design and construction status
- Monitor and maintain warranty issues and project deficiencies with positive resolutions and outcomes
- Maintain and update of AutoCAD drawing database.
- Support Senior Manager, Asset Management and Planning and Director, Operations with facilities supervision and oversight of annual facility and maintenance budget
- Conduct regular construction meetings, site inspections and update meetings with business partners for major projects
Reporting Relationship: Senior Manager, Asset Management and Planning
Note: The preceding information is intended to be representative of the work performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume to our HR department at email@example.com by July 13, 2018. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.