Reporting to the Director, Finance, this position is responsible for overseeing the entire financial reporting function as well as managing the airport’s accounting staff, while ensuring the financial results of the Company are reasonable and issued in a timely and accurate manner. In this role, you will lead the external and internal audits, safeguarding of Company assets and providing guidance and support to the Executive and Management groups.
The position will also be responsible for ensuring forward looking information is reported timely and accurately, managing financial projections through annual budgeting and forecasting as required.
This position will support business decision makers across different work areas, including financial support, compliance, and risk assessment and will work towards creating a fully digital financial, approval and reporting environment designed to create efficiencies and provide timelier reporting to all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designation required
- Minimum of 4 years work experience
- Supervisory experience is a requirement. The ideal candidate has led a finance team working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with operational staff and senior management
- Adept at operating in a computerized PC based financial environment, including utilization of integrated financial accounting systems software, Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, interact professionally with staff, stakeholders, lenders, Government staff/officials and clients.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
Authority: Three direct reports.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports and packages for accuracy, including financial statements, capital reports, departmental dashboards, cost reports, and KPI reports based on Airport statistics, ensuring timely distribution of all reports to required stakeholders
- Reviews all variance analysis and prepares monthly financial summary reports for distribution to the Executive team and other stakeholders
- Manages all required compliance engagements, including audits, reviews and other third-party engagements as required; Prepare and review relevant working papers and position memo’s on significant accounting issues
- Reviews all quarterly and year-end financial statements for reporting to the Finance and Audit Committee
- Supports the Director, Finance in managing all aspects of Company debt, including covenant compliance and monitoring of corporate credit card facilities
- Oversees the daily duties of the finance department, daily financial reporting and accounting functions, including treasury, capital, purchasing, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Supports the Director, Finance with completion of required corporate tax returns
- Supports and co-ordinates the annual business planning process and quarterly forecast update; reviews (in detail) the budgeted/forecasted income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and capital investment; ensures minimum cash balance maintained at all times and ensures covenants are compliance with targets; performs cost recovery analysis for revenue and projects
- Support the Director, Finance in assessing validity of short-term and long-term traffic forecasts and capital plans for the Airport
- Supports the Corporate Valuation Model and reports on relevant matters to the Executive team
- Supports budget holders/decision makers as required to understand the financial implications of actions, results, forecast, profit assurance and prudent management for their department, ensuring accurate coding of transactions by budget holders which leads to more accurate reporting to stakeholders;
- Develops appropriate KPI’s with decision makers to update departmental reports with value-added information
- Works with the Director, Finance and Vantage Airport Group to support the development of new reporting systems, databases and reporting tools designed to provide timelier and improved financial and non-financial information to decision makers, as well as focuses on implementing a fully digital reporting environment
- Acts as a liaison between the site and Vantage Airport Group finance department
- Leads and oversees special projects/initiatives and other ad-hoc work as assigned
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume to our HR department at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close December 28, 2018.