This is a newly created position reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications. As a senior leader in the organization, the successful candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders. They will manage and develop commercial opportunities for Hamilton International Airport that will maximize revenue and profit from the asset base. Liaise with key constituent groups to ensure that the Airport’s interests are coordinated with relevant stakeholders. Optimize the Airport’s commercial business through effective planning, development and performance management of current and new commercial revenue opportunities with passenger and cargo airlines and of concession leasing in the terminal:
o Food and Beverage
o Retail, including Duty Free, Kiosks
o Car Rental
o Parking promotions
o Other ancillary (communication, passenger services, vending, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, and a record of accomplishment with a minimum of five years’ successful commercial or retail and/or property management experience, preferably in an airport environment is required. Marketing skills are a strong asset in this role.
Knowledgeable of economic analysis to include economic modeling and forecasting, to measure the risks and benefits of business development opportunities.
Problem solving skills to select, organize and logically process relevant information (verbal, numerical or abstract) to solve a problem. This includes skill in recognizing subtle aspects of problems, identifying relevant information and making balanced recommendations and decisions that may significantly influence the strategic plan.
Strategic thinker and planner. Knowledge of business, business management, business planning, and operational process analysis, as well as knowledge of strategic business planning for competitive advantage.
Must possess a proven track record for making things happen, influencing change, taking calculated risks and acting as a major catalyst in a customer-focused environment.
Must have proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to make formal presentations to groups with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Strong interpersonal skills that ensure effective interaction with business contacts in a professional, customer service-oriented manner.
Proficient with all Microsoft office programs for general communications, presentations and reports.
Highly developed time management skills and proven organizational skills.
Commitment to ethics and integrity within the areas of functional responsibility and perform related functions.
Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
– Assist the Executive Team in positioning the Airport for competitive advantage and success towards its core values and strategic plan. Ensure new opportunities align with the Airport’s land and commercial development strategy.
– Establish, manage and maintain good commercial relationships with representatives of the aviation industry and stakeholder groups, including airlines, air cargo operators, travel agents, tourism and economic development agencies, various levels of governments, vendors, concessionaires, consumer groups and the airport business community. Source out new business development opportunities through personal contacts, attendance at industry events, industry research. Respond to inquiries from potential customers, developers, tenants and other groups for planning projects.
– Negotiate and oversee commercial arrangements with air carriers, concessionaires, tenants, and suppliers and ensure that they are mutually beneficial, economically. Create and issue request for proposals (RFPs) for business opportunities when required. Coordinate with others to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring that RFPs are fully met.
– Pursue commercial development and enhancement at the airport, maximizing revenue and profitability from retail, car parking, concessions, leases, and other related initiatives.
– Coordinate and implement the marketing plan that maximizes the Airport’s commercial revenue opportunities.
– Provide regular, timely reporting on results, issues, and plans to the Executive team taking necessary actions to address issues as they arise.
– As a shared resource for the Executive team, conduct market research and produce reports with statistics/analytics on business unit performance.
– Ensure concessionaires adhere to specific obligations. Monitor financial and customer service performance indicators.
– Coordinate lease renewals and extensions and coordinate with Contracts/Legal, Finance and Executive team. Coordinate any in-house or third-party legal reviews on commercial issues with any contracts
– Support the Director, Marketing & Communications with the development of annual budgets and maintain effective control over departmental expenses and revenues. Complete monthly updates and forecast expenditures.
– Liaise with Executive team for business development opportunities, with Finance for pricing and budget confirmation and with Operations for implementation of projects including scope of work reviews and facility alteration permits (FAP). Assist with transition of projects to start up team.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting will close August 11, 2017