Reporting to the Manager, Groundside Operations & Aerodrome Security, this newly created role is instrumental in maintaining Hamilton International’s high level of passenger and customer service levels to become the airport of choice in southern Ontario.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A diploma in a related field, such Travel and Tourism or Aviation Management, and/or customer service experience would be an asset.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven process development and implementation skills
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Ability to utilize computerized office equipment and software, such as Microsoft Office is required.
- Proven ability to see tasks/projects through to completion including the delivery of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Work towards implementation of the 5-year Operations Strategy Plan, which supports growth and strives for operational excellence at Hamilton International by providing a safe operating environment, exceptional flow of passengers and planes, and providing adequate levels of service for the Airports customers.
- Provide on-site assistance and support to passengers, customers and business partners in the Air Terminal Building (ATB).
- Update flight schedules based on communications with airlines partners. Determine most efficient gate, check-in counter, and baggage allocations based on flight schedules.
- Update Security Operations employee schedule by month.
- Recommend, develop, and implement customer service programs and standards, including enhanced products and services (i.e. shuttle service, valet, etc.). Responsible for all aspects of the customer service program including safety, security, and irregular operations (IRROPS). Provide passenger and Air Carrier support during IRROPS through active management of resources, plans, and programs at HIA.
- Ensure the facilities offerings remain suitable and ensure partners are compliant to service levels standards that meet or exceed the requirements for the public and tenants. Create electronic logs of terminal-related activity as required. Recommend modifications based on evaluation results and other factors and recommend improvements and ensure all resource material is up to date. Create work orders based on deficiencies found during terminal inspections that could be rectified by Hamilton International Staff.
Responsible for coordinating and delivering customer service programs. Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Acting as a prime customer contact with the public;
- Investigating, following up and logging customer complaints and comments;
- Tracking customer data, and provide management with reports detailing customer activity;
- Monitor the cleanliness of the terminal and work with the contractor to ensure deficiencies are rectified;
- Monitoring, deploying staff and assisting with, as required, the efficient flow of passenger traffic in front of the ATB;
- Monitoring check-in and gate assignments by carrier, and rectify if not to plan;
- Ensuring adequate passenger flow and queueing space during peak activity periods;
- Monitoring Flight Displays for arrival and departure information in ATB and rectify if not to plan;
- Ensuring that appropriate signage and wayfinding is in place to support adequate passenger movement;
- Recommend signage and wayfinding solutions to management based on deficiencies found;
- Answering Airport information phone lines and emails;
- Providing guidance to passengers inside the ATB on numerous processes;
- Monitor, deploy staff and/or assist Security Operations with collection baggage carts in and around ATB;
- Promote Safety and Security programs;
- Coordinating activities during IRROPs or peak periods as directed;
- Managing the Lost and Found program, including logging in lost items and reconciling them with their owner;
- Must be available to work weekends and shifts as staffing requirements are based on peak travel periods during the week.
- Perform a variety of other duties that are directly related to the job function.
For qualified and interested applicants, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for next steps in the recruiting process will be contacted.
Posting will close on Friday, September 29, 2017.