Accountable for coordinating the daily activities of the Airside Operations Team with respect to airfield and terminal maintenance and emergency response services.
- Diploma or Degree in Airport Operations Management or related studies; or a combination of equivalent experience would be considered.
- Experience in an airport operating environment is required.
- Experience in heavy equipment maintenance and/or operations would be considered an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven ability to see tasks/projects through to completion including multi-tasking.
- Proven organizational skills, ability to supervise multiple projects, and achieve results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications; must be able to compile and analyze statistics using databases.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Holds or has the ability to obtain an aeronautical radio license and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit.
- Minimum ‘G’ class driver’s license.
- Direct the Airfield Operations workforce to ensure that work plans established by the Supervisor, Maintenance and Airfield Operations are carried out in an efficient, safe manner and meet Airport quality standards.
- Maintain employee schedules and coordinate to ensure that operational coverage is maintained during vacations, unplanned absences, etc.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Wildlife Management Plan.
- Ensure compliance to all ARFF standards.
- Ensure accurate inventory is held and maintained to ensure safe and efficient airfield operations.
- Ensure the Airfield Operations workforce is trained in all required fields in coordination with the appropriate Coordinator (ARFF, Wildlife, SMS, etc.) with the training documented, ensuring Transport Canada compliance.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on results, issues, and plans to the Executives taking necessary actions to address issues as they arise.
- Ensure that the airport operates safely and efficiently, complying with all regulations and policies, Transport Canada audits, as well as contractual obligations while applying modern best practices in airport management.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of operational plans, policies and procedures for emergency response and airfield maintenance to ensure that regulatory/business compliance is maintained while ensuring the safe, secure and efficient operation of the airport and its facilities.
- Perform internal audits to review procedural awareness and compliance, prepare performance reports, make recommendations for enhancements, revise operational procedures as required and implement same.
- issue purchase order numbers for airfield operational purchases within limits specified by the Supervisor, Maintenance and Airfield Operations and ensure that orders are placed in a timely manner for supplies and replacement parts for equipment and ensure accurate receipt of any items ordered.
- Plan, schedule and administer special projects such as Rubber Removal, Airfield Line Painting and Asphalt Crack Sealing in coordination with Lead Hands.
- Liaise with the Hamilton Control Tower, Airlines, Hamilton International team and the public to answer inquiries, respond to complaints and initiate corrective action where practicable within the establishes policies, guidelines and the collective agreement.
- Work with Lead Hands to coordinate winter operations such as snowplowing, snow removal and ice control by ensuring staff availability on a timely basis.
- Work with Lead Hands and Airport Mechanic to ensure that material and equipment furnished is maintained at the highest level of readiness to support safe and efficient airfield operations.
- Direct the Airport Mechanic as required to ensure that work plans and priorities are executed efficiently and safely as established by the Supervisor, Maintenance and Airfield Operations.
- Ensure daily documentation require by work crews is completed, accurate and provided in a timely manner, including updating of Vortex with work order entry and completion.
- Verify daily shift end reports for Airfield Operations Staff.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES
- Ensure that the airport operates safely and efficiently and is at all times operating within the emergency response plan and related regulations established by Transport Canada and Airport Management.
- Assist in the scheduling, implementation and facilitation of training programs for airside and terminal operations departments.
GENERAL SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for complying with and enforcing the policies of the corporation with respect to rules, acts, regulations, by-laws, procedures and safe working practices.
- Ensure that safe working practices and safety regulations are adhered to under the terms of the Canada Labour Code, Part II.
- Assist the Coordinator, Safety and Environmental in the development of SMS policies and programs in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations, and within operational guidelines and restrictions.
- Provide operational support to Airside and Terminal Operations outside of regular business hours including emergency response and winter operations support.
- Provide support to the Operations Management Team for the supervision of the Hourly Operations Team and the maintenance of strong employee morale. Establish high expectations for the Team with regard to honesty, integrity, openness, loyalty, teamwork and responsibility.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Required to work shifts. Must be available to work flexible hours.
Reporting Relationship: Supervisor, Maintenance and Airfield Operations
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to our HR Department at email@example.com by May 7, 2018. We thank you all for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.