Position Summary: This position will provide support to the Operations team as needed while providing a learning and development opportunity to a student wishing to pursue a career in Airport Operations Management or a related field.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Currently pursuing a Diploma or Degree in Aviation Management or related studies.
- Diploma or degree in related studies would be considered an asset.
- Experience in an airport operating environment would be considered an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as public speaking and training others to foster engagement with staff.
- Root cause analysis and process engineering skills would be an asset
- Proven organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and achieve results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications; must be able to compile and analyze statistics using databases.
- Holds or can obtain and maintain the appropriate level of Airport Security Clearance.
- Holds or can obtain an aeronautical radio license and an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit.
- Minimum ‘G’ class driver’s license.
- Conducting SMS risk assessments and investigations
- Follow up to corrective action plans
- Environmental (ECA) compliance checks during de-icing season
- Assistance with the coordination of airside activities (closures, events, etc.)
- Assistance with capital program planning (substantiation documents, quotations)
- Vortex administration duties around training record maintenance, report generation, data entry
- Receiving and responding to noise complaints
- Documentation updates – AOM, AVOP, Environmental Plan, Sustainability Management Plan, Wildlife Management Plan, and ERP.
- Assist with on-going training and support for the Airport Security Program
- Provide support in Quality Assurance audit program and assist with inspections and reports
- Providing lunch and learn sessions to staff about a variety of topics including regulatory framework, safety, security, sustainability
- Assist with daily facility operations duties
- Assist in maintaining CAD library drawings
- Create and maintain safety performance indicators for AVOP infractions
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to apply by submitting your resume to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will be for the spring/summer term. Posting will close March 30th.