Call No: HIAL-04-17
Hamilton International Airport Limited immediately requires a:
Seasonal Security Officer (CUPE Local 5167, Airport Unit)
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Manager, Groundside Operations, and Aerodrome Security perform duties relating to security and parking operations at the Hamilton International Airport.
- Control, monitor and provide temporary Restricted Area Passes.
- Control and monitor access to restricted areas.
- Monitor and record operation of passenger security screening.
- Provide information to employees and public through telephone and counter response.
- Co-ordinate all-hours calls and response of Airport Duty Personnel.
- Provide assistance to airport tenants for security and operations related matters.
- Monitor and perform patrol duties in all areas of the ATB, the main apron, public parking and roadways, employee parking etc.
- Respond to airport related emergency situations on the airport.
- Perform escorting duties.
- Perform testing and minor maintenance of security systems.
- Complete and forward reports.
- Enforce “Aerodrome Security Regulations”, “Aerodrome Traffic Regulations”, “Canadian Aviation Security Regulations” and relevant by-laws respecting Hamilton International Airport.
- Assist with training/testing of airport personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
Must be in possession of a Valid Driver’s License.
G – Class qualifications.
Be in possession of valid vehicle insurance
Must have Restricted Area Clearance/Police Background Check (all areas).
Must have a doctor’s physical/medical evaluation prior to hire.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete each of the following during the first 60 days:
- Radiotelephone Operators Restricted Certificate (Air)
- Airport Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (Hamilton International Airport)
- Transport Canada Security Visa Certificate
Law and Security Administration Diploma or equivalent would be an asset.
Salary: $ 14.83 per hour (probationary rate) ($18.54 per hour – max rate)
Hours: 40 hours
It is the responsibility of the applicant to supply information on qualifications and related experience with their application for this competition and ensure that it reaches the Human Resources Department by the closing date or they may not be considered. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all present employees’ male and female.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Human Resources Department
Hamilton International Airport Limited
9300 Airport Road, Suite 2206
Mount Hope, Ontario
By Fax: (905) 679-2100
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org